Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Discovery Channel in my front yard

When I came home tonight I was able to witness a spectacle of hunting prowess in my front yard. I witnessed as a spider captured two moths and spun them into his web. Lucky for you I had my camera handy...

Here you can see both moths caught in the web...and the spider working on the lower one.

In this one you can see he's finished the lower one off and is now stalking the second moth. In this one, you can see him spinning the moth into his web.

And finally...he's accomplished his mission.

What an educational night! And in 15 minutes, there is supposedly going to be an amazing lunar eclipse...I'm going to try and stay awake to check it out. I'll let you know if it stands up to it's hype!

3 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

I love spiders and LOVE to watch spiders. They are such hard workers! Great pictures!!!
How are you??

Allison said...

wow! this is unbelievable! great photography skills and amazing timing!

jessie estupinan said...

Who needs the TV when you have this blog!?