Tuesday, February 20, 2007

the dumbest thing I've done in a long time.

So...the other night I was in bed, on my laptop (as I am right now) and I got up and left the room. When I came back, I thought to myself, "What is that smell? It smells like something's burning..." I thought for a minute that maybe Nikki had turned on the heater...but when I didn't hear the fan going, I knew the smell was not originating from the heater. So I proceeded to walk around my bedroom sniffing the air trying to find out what on earth could be causing that burning smell. After a solid minute and a half of acting like a police dog...i realized what had happened. When I plugged in my lamp, I had forgotten to take off my robe that was hanging on it. Thus, I burned a significantly sized hole in my robe as seen below. What a shame. I really liked that robe.

6 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

You are very lucky that only the robe burned! Yikes! I have burnt a few things that way in my day too...

Heather Leith said...

That's intense.

Heather Leith said...

Once the fire department had to come while I was babysitting. Oh wait. That was last month.

Insured Asset Solutions said...

Usually police dogs sniff for drugs, bombs, and dead bodies. Maybe fire dogs sniff for smoke. Costco has or had a bunch of robes. I didn't know that people still used lamps as robe hangers, but apparently so. Thats pretty funny and thanks for the chuckle.

Chris T (alanna's mom) said...

1st of all.....was that the nice soft fluffy robe I gave to you for Christmas (I got it at Costco)???
2nd of all is that our house that you tried to burn down??? Neal says if you are going to burn the house down, "DO IT RIGHT"..We could use the insurance money to rebuild the thing!!!!

Anonymous said...

1. i'm so glad that you didn't burn down your house.

2. how does brian manage to make everything about police? he's really gifted!

3. I LOVE THAT YOU PUT A SHOE BY THE HOLE SO THAT I HAVE A MEASURABLE FRAME OF REFERENCE! such a great help. without the shoe, i may have dramatically under or overestimated the size of the burn hole.