Saturday, February 24, 2007

poor little asian kid

Last night I went to get my passport renewed...cuz I'm going to Rwanda this summer! And...I lost my last passport somewhere in the abyss of my house. Anyway, I went to the Mission Viejo Library, which was much more pleasant than expected and very convenient. After I took my picture, the asian family that was behind me went to take theirs. First up was a young asian boy that was probably around 9 or 10 years old. The woman working the camera was this little old lady, who was very sweet...but as you'll see, either a little bit dense or a little bit racist. Anyway, the little asian boy sits down and she tells him to smile. He does. Then the little old lady says, "Now open your eyes." The kid looks confused, but opens his eyes a little wider. The lady says, "No, really...you NEED to open your eyes." The kid looks at his dad in some hopes of getting some advice... but with no luck, proceeds to try and smile while opening his little asian eyes as wide as they possibly can go. Then the lady, getting a bit frustrated says, "Listen, they need to see the color of your eyes so PLEASE OPEN YOUR EYES!" I think the little boy is very scared now and is contorting his face in ways asians shouldn't be able to do...and manages to open his eyes wide enough to appease the woman...either that or she just got too frustrated with him and gave up...either way the poor little asian kid finally got his picture taken. Sweet old racist women make getting your passport a more awkward and entertaining experience. Thank you sweet old racist woman.

4 comments:

b.hurst said...

why did he wear a cap and gown for a passport picture? and why do you have a copy?

jessie estupinan said...

oh my gosh! That is so sad!!

its jess from wildside band by the way...

<3

The Ish said...

crap...that's why i hated school pictures so much...

Allison said...

oh man...this is funny.