Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Question of Etiquette?



In conversation, while you are answering a question, a conversation tangent is formed. Do you initiate bringing the conversation back on track and continue talking about what you were previously? Do you wait for someone to say, "Ok, go on with what you were saying?" Do you just let it go and leave the question unanswered or story unfinished?

It's a difficult one. You don't want to seem self-centered and over-eager to talk about yourself...but you also want to finish what you were saying?

What do you think?

I also hope you get my obscure photo reference.

3 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

Oh do I love Fight Club. I just watched it again last week.
I think this situation happened with you and me and the girls the other night...too many thoughts going around and we get off and don't finish the original thought.
If you really need to finish I would say, "But what about..." and finish your thought.
Come on...you're not shy
:)

Allison said...

I try really hard to remember what got us to that tangent and return to the original conversation...sometimes I forget...

Josh Peters said...

oh, were we talking about meatloaf's boobs?