Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mamma Mia!


I saw Mamma Mia! (the movie) with my mamma last week... 1st of all, I loved it. It was so much fun and ABBA music is just great. I mean the movie doesn't compare to seeing the play live, as I got to do in London with the Hibbard family.

Anyway, watching Mamma Mia! made me think...they should make more musicals based on one bands music. I know they've done a Queen musical (We Will Rock You...saw that one in London too), a Beatles musical (Across the Universe), and a Billy Joel musical (Movin' Out...haven't seen it).

Here are some of my suggestions for bands that should have their own musical.

#1. The Cars ...how much fun would that be? I love The Cars
#2. 'N SYNC (I don't REALLY think that this would be that good, but I felt like if I didn't put it, I would be letting go of a piece of me)
#3. Spice Girls (oh wait...there was Spiceworld...my bad)
#4. Michael Jackson (I'm actually surprised there hasn't been one of these...maybe there is and I don't know about it)
#5. Bob Marley (for my husband)

Can you think of some other ones that would be fun?

3 comments:

Jaclyn Parker said...

i can't think of any other good one, but i totally agree to the *NSYNC Musical.

Ange said...

What about Captain EO at Disneyland? That's sort of a Michael Jackson movie.

I would go see a musical based on the music of the Steve Miller Band, Billy Joel, Over the Rhine, Tupac and Britney Spears. ha!

cripes. said...

oh alanna, you and your N'sync obsessions. how i miss them