Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Queen of Baby Showers


Courtney had her baby shower on Monday night...at that baby shower, I defended my title of "Queen of Baby Showers"...meaning I won the "activity" for the second time in a row.

At Sue's baby shower, I blew everyone out of the water by forming more words out of the letters in Giovanni's name than anyone else. (all those crossword puzzles and scrabble games paid off)

On Monday, Annie and I used our superior creativity to design a onesie for baby Rutenbar. I wish I had taken a picture of our winning design. But it said "Birth Control is a FRAUD". Which, of course is funny. So we won.

With all the pregnant people around here, I will probably have another opportunity to defend my title.

Don't get any ideas. There is no superstition about winning the game at a baby shower and being the next to get pregnant. Believe me, I checked. But, apparently there is a superstition that whoever gives the 3rd gift that's opened is the next to have a baby. Unless you live in Oregon...then it's the 7th gift.

So therefore, I'm not pregnant.

No comments: