Wednesday, September 20, 2006

2 awkard moments that I've already experienced today.

It's only 12:30 and I've already got two awkward happenings to share with you today. Granted I was up at 7:40 this morning...significantly earlier than usual...giving many more chances for awkwardness than most days. But anyway...

Awkward Moment #1:

I am at Bagel's 'n Brew enjoying a delicious Spinach Herb bagel and some good conversation with my Nikki...when the "waitress" (I guess she's a waitress...she brings you your bagel) approaches our table. Keep in mind that she already has called Nikki sweetheart when she brought some peanut butter to our table...which is mildly awkward in itself. Anyway...she comes to the table laughing and says, "You've just got to see this!" And she shows Nikki something in a magazine. The look on Nikki's face should have been warning enough for me to NOT look at it. But alas, I looked. It was something similar to this:



But imagine the guy a little hairier and wearing a skimpier neon green speedo that went over his shoulders...I don't know if you can picture it...actually...for your sake, I hope you can't.

But my question is: Who does that? Who comes up to total strangers and shows them pictures of nasty half naked men? Especially a 16 year old girl. C'mon...that's AWKWARD.







Awkward Moment #2:

So I check my myspace today and this is a message that I get from some guy:

hey whats up? I really like your profile. And I think your hot. And I would like to date you. I also want to be your boyfriend. And maybe after that we can get married. Call me sometime. 916-717-4617.
Love Seth


Wierd people in this world...honestly.

Note: Seth not only loves me...but he also loves sentence fragments.

5 comments:

ali said...

i wonder how many people are gonna call seth tonight.

Allison said...

i hope you already called Seth.
he sounds brilliant!

Josh(ua) Treece said...

I love that allison uses british slang. I also love the picture you have for this post.

The Ish said...

Watch it...that man could be me in 30 years...the man in the speedo I mean...except smaller skinnier and asian...Ha, I'm actually going to the hot tub in my speedo right now to go mess with some Wheaton kids.

Annie Smith said...

i love the fact that you have posted his number on your blog!