Friday, July 28, 2006

BARFship 2000


So...I went to the fair tonight. I hadn't been in a couple years and I was really looking forward to a cinnamon roll and photo booths. Neither of which I partook in this evening...due to one ride, Starship 2000. You know this ride. You've probably been on this ride. It's the one that like a spinny top that you go inside and it spins so fast that the centrifugal force pins you against the wall so you can go upside down and crawl around but you are pretty much immobile.

So...we went on it once...and it was very fun...so, we took a breather and decided to give it another whirl (I'm lame). The second time around we went nuts...I was trying to take pictures but my arm kept getting pinned down...then I look over at Alli and she's sitting Indian Style (oh I'm sorry that's not PC anymore...criss-cross applesauce) with this look on her face like she's in more pain than she's ever been in as her whole body is getting compressed into the wall. I swear this ride has to be a detriment to your health. When the ride ends and we all slide back to the ground, I happen to be facing the wall (which makes you drool, BTW) and my necklace gets caught in the side and I almost choke...thanks Shea for saving my life.

I have a really strong stomach and I never get motion sickness...maybe a headache on Star Tours, but that's it. But let me tell you, I've never felt so sick and weird. I was in a daze and wanted to make myself throw up just to feel better. Needless to say, I did not get to eat ANYTHING on a stick...or a cinnamon roll because of Barfship 2000. Although I did take a gander at the craft fair and it made me realize how talented I am...cuz that stuff was embarrassing.

So, bottom line...one trip on the Starship 2000 is plenty.

8 comments:

ali said...

mm i'm gonna admit, it was semi fun...
although the orange county fair wont be seeing my face for a long long time.

Luke St.Hilaire said...

did you see wierd al yankavitch. theres no reason to go to the fair if you dont get to see wierd al yankavitch

Hayden Copes said...

now ill tell you what went wrong on this experience. you didnt go on the kamikaze. that ride is a 9 on a scale of 10

Josh_ewe_a said...

I love the pics. Now, listen up. I have a blog now...so, neighbor, I will how off yours if you show off mine! www.joshgarrett.blogspot.com

The Ish said...

you are mentally weak. I could have gone on that thing 50 times and not been stick. I would totally beat you at that...

Josh(ua) Treece said...

1) food is always better when served on a stick
2) this was my fave ride growing up
3) why are colton and alli giving fake smiles in the first picture in your post
4) we used to try to stand up horizontally on this ride

alli(son) said...

curse you starship 2000...curse you

Josh Peters said...

at Pennsylvania's largest agricultural fair we called that ride "The Gravitron". We are much more scientific in Pennsylvania.