Monday, July 24, 2006

God is good...all the time...



This is my little brother Dustin. He's turning 2 this week. I honestly can't believe it's been two years since we adopted him. I can't believe it's been two years since my mom text messaged me while I was away and told me I had a new brother. It's so weird...part of me thought it was too good to be true. My mom sends a letter to an adoption agency and a month later there's a baby in our house. When it all was happening...there was a part of me that thought it wasn't going to work out. But last month we got his birth certificate...and he's two now.

God is so good. I was reading Joshua (as in the Bible) a while ago and after the Isrealites cross the Jordan (before they make the booty drop like the walls of jericho)...Joshua tells them to take stones from the bottom of the dry riverbed and pile them up as a memorial. That way when their children asked what the memorial was, they would remember what miracles the Lord had done in their lives. Well...Dustin is like my pile of rocks. He's that thing that reminds me that the Lord is good...and that He is faithful...and that He does miracles in my life.

I will be celebrating the Lord's goodness at Chuck. E. Cheese's on Saturday for Dustin's 2nd birthday...and probably tasting the Lord's goodness too...in some pizza and cinnamon sticks.

6 comments:

Josh(ua) Treece said...

I can think of no better way to celebrate God's everpresent glory here on earth.

Annie Smith said...

yay!! i love dustin! and im pretty stoked that i dont scare him. can he be in our small group?

Hayden Copes said...

ahh defintely one of my favorite parts of the whole bible. and no im not lying

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

This gave me warm fuzzies!

Swanny said...

tell your brother happy birthday for me

Lowen said...

i want one.