Friday, July 21, 2006

Mat Kearney tricked me...

So at Student Leadership I listened to the radio for the first time in months and months...and this song came on called "Nothing left to lose". I swear to you, I thought it was Chris Martin singing. I mean everything in my body told me it must have been a new Coldplay song...to the point where I was arguing with Logan over whether or not it was Chris Martin. So I researched it and discovered it was NOT Chris Martin...but was this guy named Mat Kearney. Since I love Coldplay...i figured he'd be super good.

I got the CD...and let me tell you...that Mat Kearny is one tricky sonofagun.

Let me just say that the rest of the CD sounds more like Fort Minor, that sucky white rapper guy, than Coldplay. I mean...he ruins every song by "rapping". It just figures that he would release the one song on his album that isn't a total joke. So I feel tricked. Very sneaky Mat....you got me.

Actually, this reminds me a lot of how I felt when I was in San Francisco in November, and I got tricked into losing $60 to a street performer. It actually is a really sore subject. I cried. Ok...I don't even want to blog about it.

Luckily...the term, "I got the CD"...means that Taylor found it in HSM...so I didn't actually have to pay for it. But I'm sure that there is someone out there who did purchase the CD and then realized they'd been hustled...and the little fuzzy ball was indeed not under the cup they KNEW it was under....ugggh...i need to sleep before I cry again.

Goodnight all...

And goodnight Mat...I hope you can't sleep at night, knowing what you've done.

5 comments:

The Ish said...

sob sob.....

tears.....

isn't that what you wanted to say anyway???

Hayden Copes said...

hes like jason mraz meets the hood

ali said...

chris martin is one of my favorite people on the planet, so i figured that mat kearney would make the cut.


he doesn't.

John Snyder said...

i love mat. I will gladly take the cd out of your hands.

SNYDER

Josh(ua) Treece said...

Snyder loves so many things... I too have been tricked by many Cd's...