Friday, July 07, 2006

Dreams Come True

So...i had a dream come true today. Some may make fun of me...I'm a nerd...it's true. But I got to go to Club 33 at Disneyland. Some of you may not know what this is...it's a club that only allows 400 members at a time...and costs a butt-load of money each year to join...and anyway...Being a total disney-history nerd...it's always been my dream to go there. There's a inconspicuous door next to the Blue Bayou with a 33 sign...and there's this doorbell there...and i've always wanted to ring it and have it be answered and be invited in. It's been a childhood fantasy I guess..much like for some it would be to see their favorite sports team play or better yet...sit in the dugout and hang out in the locker room.

So...it was really sweet..really expensive...but REALLY sweet...all you can eat delicious foods and desserts...the bathroom may have been the best part. The toilet was like a chair...anyway...and they give you an endless supply of evian water...in fact there was this little asian dude...whose entire job was to make sure that my glass of Evian water was always topped off.

We made a joke at our table..."evian water, $4...delicious lunch buffet, $don't ask, being able to gloat to your friends and others that you got to go to Club 33...priceless." Lame...I know. But then I thought about it as I was up on the patio watching people at the park who weren't allowed to come in...what is it in us that desires so badly to be a part of something exclusive? To know that I get to do something that others don't...I mean we all had childhood clubs where we wouldn't let certain people in...it just seems so silly...but we all do it...you know you do. I mean...isn't that what gossip is all about...I know something you don't know. I'm sure it comes down to insecurities formed from not being in the childhood clubs or not being invited to birthday parties...but I'm sure thats a whole 'nother blog.

But...for now...I'm glad that my childhood fantasy became real.

4 comments:

Allison said...

i was running out of the office as you came in today...so I didn't get to ask...how were you able to get in?

Allison said...

garlic ranch dressing is not on my list of favorite things...unlike your list of Beatles music and puzzles.

The Ish said...

I decided to be cool and get a blog too, since its the cool saddleback thing to do...fun story.

David Hughes said...

first of all...disneyland sucks


second...erin brady...your dreams will come true


(this is the part where david fights not to use a wink face)