Monday, April 02, 2007

Moments.

You know those moments in life where you get a reminder of why you do what you do? Well, I had one on Saturday night. I walked into the Junior High tent during the second set of music, which is the slower set. This weekend we had a choir of all our vocalists which is always fun. Anyway, we were singing a new song called " From the Inside Out" and the lyrics are, "And the cry of my heart is to bring you praise from the inside out, Lord, my soul cries out." As I was standing on the side watching our junior highers worship God, I just got really overwhelmed. I actually cried! (I'm such a goober sometimes) Here are kids who are 13 years old that are singing that they want to bring God glory and praise and they are singing it with all they have...and little Virus on bass was just singing and playing and Toth too. It was just one of those moments that makes the hard work and energy all worth it...ya know? It was just so encouraging to know that these kids, being so young, could worship the Lord and mean it. What amazing things does God have planned for them in the future?! Ahhh...so great! Such a breath of fresh air.

Then I went over to high school and Taffy was leading...and anyone who was there on Saturday knows what an awesome experience it was in high school too! I mean, people were so excited about Easter, and it's message, that they rushed the stage and were dancing all over the room! Crazy! But so fun! Although I'm not too sure about worship Congo Lines...I think that's a little over the edge...but it DID happen on Saturday!

This picture is during another one of those moments that I had around this time last year. When Nikki led worship for youth pastors from all over the world at PDYM. Knowing Nikki and what was going on in her life at the time, it was so evident that she didn't care if she was in front of thousands of people...she was truly just worshiping God, and everyone in that room could tell. The pastor that I was standing next to told me that when she led, it was probably the greatest worship experience he's ever had, even including the times he's gone to the Passion tours. That was another moment.

I love those moments.

2 comments:

Brent said...

Very cool.

jessie estupinan said...

awh. so amazing.
i felt the same way about that song.
defanetly a keeper.