Monday, April 16, 2007

my favorite Mexico story...

On Thursday, my village and I were walking around downtown doing a little shopping. We stopped at one of those stands where a person will make a bracelet with your name on it in whatever color you want. One of the girls decides to buy one, so I was standing there waiting for her. Up walks this man...he's a large man, wearing sandals and shorts and a hawaiian shirt that I believe is halfway unbuttoned and he's carrying around an alcoholic beverage. I should also add that he's stumbling a little bit and laughing loudly with the other man he's with. Anyway, he walks up to the booth and gets REALLY excited about bracelets.


DRUNK GUY: Hey, dude...can you like make a bracelet with TWO words on it???
MEXICAN BRACELET MAKER: Yes.
DG: Awww...thats awesome.
MBM: Please just write down what you would like it to say.
DG: Ok awesome.

So DG takes the pad of paper and starts to write. Then he stops and looks at me.

DG: Excuse me. I know this is going to sound REALLY weird...but I've had A LOT to drink today and I'm not thinking very clearly...can you tell me how to spell "THE PUNISHER."

I really hope that sounds as funny to you as it did to me then. Hopefully the humor translates into blog. If not, you may need to hear the story live so you can get the full effect, Mexican accents and drunk slurred speech adds to the story.
Here's a picture of some of the kids in my village in downtown...(Just to give you more of a mental picture)

4 comments:

Allison said...

SO funny!!

Julie Hibbard said...

I'm laughing out loud cause I can hear you saying it.
:)

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

very funny....great picture!

Unknown said...

Any tips on places to go see in Mexico?