Saturday, April 28, 2007

Ode to Paula

In honor of the fact that I listened to some nostalgic hits today... I wrote a poem.
Ode to Paula


Straight up now tell me Paula,
Where did you go wrong?
You used to be so hip and fresh
When you’d sing my favorite song.

You provided the illest beats
For my 2nd grade talent show,
When little Lauren Gordon and I
Made De Portola Elementary say, “WHOA!”

In my mind you were the best
Forever Your Girl was where it’s at
And you couldn’t be any cooler
Than when singing with MC Skat Cat.

So what caused your steady decline?
What made your appeal be low?
Was it a broken heart?
Estevez (comma) Emilio?

Cuz Paula, let’s face it,
You’ve turned in to quite a freak.
I kind of think your craziness
Gets weirder every week.

1989 is calling
Saying stop being such a tool
You used to be so great Miss Paula
Miss Paula Julie Abdul.

11 comments:

Cathi said...

Best post of the week. Period.

Josh(ua) Treece said...

Why is Paula dressed like she's in the flintstones in that picture?

David T. Ulrich said...

hahahahahaha.

'the illest beats?'

you've been hanging out with hayden way to much.

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

Hands down. my favorite post today!!!

ali said...

you are so amazing
babraham would be proud

Allison said...

I'm so glad that you didn't tell me this was coming.

I'm also so glad you are my friend.

This reminds me of "Fubu, Fubu everywhere. Just look at all the crazy hair."

Allie said...

This is the best poem I've ever read, bar none.

jessie estupinan said...

you inspire me (:

ponch0 said...

best poem in the world.

Alyssa said...

blogroll memo....

Julie Hibbard said...

BRILLIANT!!!!!
You should send it to Paula!