Monday, April 30, 2007

Suggestion for the Music Industry


Do you know what is lacking in today's love songs? Not romance. Not wholesome imagery of women... Today's love songs are lacking the Dramatic Spoken Interlude.

Case in Point:



Exhibit A: "On Bended Knee" by Boyz II Men
"Baby, I’m sorry. Please forgive me for all the wrong I’ve done. Please come back home girl. I know you put all your trust in me. I’m sorry I let you down. Please forgive me" SIDENOTE: Do you think it is: Please come back home, girl. OR Please come back, home girl? I'm rooting for the latter.

Exhibit B: "All 4 Love" by Color Me Badd
"Yo-Come here sweetheart. I want you to know something all right. See everyday in my life without you is like a hundred years. The distance between us an ocean of tears. See all the things I do for you are for love. Dig it"

Exhibit C: "Dreaming of You" by Selena
"Corazon, no puedo dejar de pensar en ti, como te nesesito, mi amor como te extrano"
Selena gets extra points for speaking her dramatic interlude in Espanol. But, unfortunately Selena is dead. Accepting those extra points on her behalf is Shanice for her BRILLIANT one word spoken in "I Love Your Smile" ... SIKE!

8 comments:

Allison said...

Alanna, You are hilarious!
I am totally laughing...like full-body shaking laughing at this right now.

I think, even more subtle, but just as lovable are the spoken end-of-chorus-lines...as seen quite frequently in NKOTB songs.

Josh(ua) Treece said...

FREAKING... genius! That it what you are. You... and your humor.

Cathi said...

I've always wondered what Selena was saying there...thank you my friend.

David T. Ulrich said...

hahahaha - brilliant.

you would write about something like spoken word interludes.

love it.

David Hughes said...

well...josh stole freaking genius...but i can still say it without technically copying him because i typed it and then looked at other people's comments...


seriously though...incredible.

people forget how influential boyz II men was on teen pregnancy in the 90's...

...can i say that?

Luke St.Hilaire said...

if i remember right, on the christmas album there was a poken intro

Exhibit D: "This One's for the Children" by New Kids on the Block
"This is a very serious message so all of you please listen.There are some people living in this world. They have no food to eat. They have no place to go. But we all are god’s children. We’ve got to learn to love one another. Just remember, they could be us. Remember, we all are brothers"

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

I still own that CD!!! And don't doubt that the whole thing is uploaded on to my ipod and I sing to it every chance I get.

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

I've returned to read this blog today because of it's genuis and incredible humor!